BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This and that...

Bob smiles even WITH egg on his face:-)



Here's a nice pic of downtown Savannah GA....


Well I'm still here, just barely sometimes, but still here nevertheless:-) I've been "busy" if you would call it that, with things that feel pretty close to spinning my wheels, but need to be done all the same. I am soooo tired, physically, spiritually, you name it , I'm bone tired.


It's been 6 weeks since Elijah and Marissa moved in with us and that alone is a blessing to have them so near, but at the same time what comes with them, a broken marriage (he left her and filed for divorce and we're helping her contest and find a place to live), an angry soon to be ex (who knows why he's so mad, he left:-/ ) and all the financial strain has been very hard on us all... Soon Kaleb will be here and we are quite worried about how all that will go down. I know the Lord is in complete control and will not give us more than we can handle, but Marissa is displaying alot of depression and a seeming inability to handle much at one time. If there is anything that can be overwhelming, it's having 2 babies under 2 to take care of alone in your own place. Well...
We ended up driving the children to SC to let them vacation at the "resort" my inlaws call home,lol. This was in response to some threatening calls from our son in law. He wants us to stop helping Marissa and we just won't , some of which is because I'm pretty sure God would notice if we through a pregnant lady and her baby out on the street:-/
.. Anyway, my inlaws live in a sun city village type place and I'm telling you, I LOVE it there, but I'd probably DIE of guilt living there..I just don't know if I could.. It's so relaxing and luxurious, I'd have "save the children" commercials running 24/7 in my head and spontaneously combust from the guilt of it all... That's just me, and I'm not saying no one should have that life, I'm just pretty sure I'd only be able to vacation in a place like that. The trip down there, back and then back again to get them was exhausting and it takes me FOREVER to recover from stuff like that:-P


Can we fix it? Yes, that's the question my wise grandson is asking "Bob" in this picture... I stood there watching him commune with that plastic head and asked the Lord the same thing... Can we fix it? He was pretty clear with me that, no, we can't...He can of course, but what does it look like to "let" God fix things? I think we're "doing" everything we can and then I realize we're so busy "doing" that I haven't even noticed what HE is doing... " Meanwhile, back at Walmart, Eli is asking "Bob", can we fix it? and then he yells the answer "YES WE CAN!" LOL.. Out of the mouths of babes....


Here is my sweet heart kitty Abby:-) She's normally the prettiest cat in the universe but here she's doing a spot on impression of me:-D



Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



1 comments:

Marci said...

Karen, you are right God CAN fix it. I know it is hard to not see the end, but He KNOWS the end already. Hang in there friend.